As you are creating a score, you'll often need to add, delete, or insert measures.…You will also want to move measures from one line to the next.…So let's take a look at managing measures in Finale.…Let's add some measures by choosing the Selection tool, and then choosing any…measure, and right-clicking, and choosing Add Measures from the contextual menu.…So we can type any number of measures we want, and hit the OK button, and you'll…see that it created the extra measures. Let's undo that.…That might seem odd, because you would think that that might insert the…measures there, but Add measures always adds measures to the end of the score.…
If you want to insert measures, again, right-click using the Selection tool, and…choose Insert Measure Stack. Type the number of measures that you want to add,…and again, click the OK button.…Now you will notice that the measure I selected was moved over, and the two…measures were inserted before that measure. Let's undo that.…Now, as you are working, you may end up with an odd number of measures per line,…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Videowith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.