Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Guitar Smart Shapes, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Notating music for guitar gets very complicated when you try to accurately…communicate all the bends, releases, slides, and other performance techniques…that players use today.…Using Finale's Smart Shape Tool allows you to notate these techniques, and more…on both Conventional and Tab Staves.…So please go into the 11_03 folder and open up both the files there.…Now, this time, I have got them in Page View and they are tiled.…So you will notice that I have the same notes in both parts.…It's just that in the example part, I've got all the Smart Shapes added already.…
So let's add those down into the bottom staff.…So let's choose the Smart Shape Tool, and the first notes that we see here are…actually a combination of two things;…I have got the slur markings and then I have got these H and P which are also Smart Shapes.…So I will choose the slur shape, and remember we can add a slur from one note to…the next by just double-clicking and then I will double-click again.…We've got the slurs in.…So now I want to add the H and the P . But, if you look at the Smart Shape…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.