Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting staff and system spacing , part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Now that we have cleaned up the spacing of the notes, expressions, articulations…and smart shapes, the score is starting to approach a finished look.…There are still problems in the staff system spacing, so let's continue…formatting the score.…So if you would, please open the file that's in the 8_07 folder and we'll get…started by just kind of evaluating the score.…So I am going to zoom out a little bit because at this point I want to take a…look at kind of the global overlook.…So I am going to press Command+Minus to zoom out.…That would be Ctrl+Minus on a PC and now I can see the overall look.…
I will start scrolling through here, so that I can check each page.…First page doesn't look too bad, although noticing that the oboe looks a…little bit crowded.…I am going to hold down my Shift and use my Scroll control on my mouse, move over.…It looks like we've got stuff kind of up against the top of the page over here.…When I get to page 4, I notice that there are some actual empty measures for…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.