Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting articulations, expressions, and Smart Shapes, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
As I enter the notes, expressions and other musical details into a score, I…don't spend much time worrying about how the score looks.…I have learned from experience that if you start adjusting things as you…create the score, you will likely end up moving them later to accommodate something else.…So I will admit that I don't have a real science about how I go through and…format things, you can do it kind of starting, in the beginning and work to the…end or you can go by category and just for the sake of organization, we're going…to take a look at cleaning up some of the text items, and expressions and…hairpins, and also set the measures per line, and then in the next video we'll…take a look at setting the line spacing some other details.…
So I am going to choose the Text Tool to start off with because I want to…create some room for this title and sub -title and the expression text marking…up here at the top.…I am going to grab the tool palette here for a second and I am going to drag…that out of the way.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.