Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting and aligning lyrics, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Scores with lyrics can get busy and crowded, so it's likely that you'll want to…fine-tune the lyric spacing and the staff spacing.…You might also want to change the fonts or font style to get the end results…that you are looking for.…So if you would go ahead and open the file that's in the 6_03 folder, and let's…take a look at this score.…Now, as I look right now, I can see that I've got some notes that are very…close to the lyrics, and it looks like the second verse is very close to the first verse.…So I want to adjust that spacing.…Now, what I'll typically start with is the staff spacing so I can create enough…room for the lyrics.…And I'll choose the Staff tool to do that.…
And I am actually going to zoom out a little bit so I can see the entire score,…so I'll use Command+Minus--that would be Ctrl+Minus on a PC--and I'll…zoom back out, and now I can see the entire score.…If I look down here at the bottom, I'll also notice that I've got some…collisions in there as well.…So with the Staff tool chosen, I can change the spacing between the staves…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.