Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing expressions, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Music performance markings like tempo markings and dynamics have a huge impact on…the way musicians and vocalists perform their parts.…Let's take a look at how you can add expressions to a Finale score.…So if you would, go ahead and open both the files in the 5_08 folder and tile…and arrange them as we've been doing in the past videos.…Now, to add expressions to a score in Finale, you use the Expression tool, which…looks like the mezzo forte that we see here on the Main tool palette.…Now, there is a text expression here that tells us the tempo, this moderato, and…I want to add that to the score down here.…So I am going to go ahead and double- click that score and the Expression…Selection dialog opens up, and if I go into the Tempo Marks category, I'll see Moderato.…
So I am going to go ahead and assign that to the score.…But you see it's a little bit different than the one we actually have;…that shows the tempo.…So while that handle is selected, I am just going to hit Delete and I'll…double-click to add the expression again.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.