Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing key signatures, time signatures, and clefs, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
While there's a lot of scores where the basic musical parameters stay the same…throughout the score, it's likely that at some point you will need to add time…signature, key signature, or clef changes within a score.…So if you would, open up the start file in the 5_04 folder, and we're going to…finish setting up this score.…So first of all, I need a few more measures,…so I am going to choose the Selection tool, click that last measure, and right-…click and go down and choose Add Measures.…We are going to need about 15 more measures.…So the next thing I want to do is I want to add a time signature change at…measure 18, and there's a couple of different ways that we can do that.…
You can go up and choose the Time Signature tool and then double-click on that…measure and then use the scrollbar here to either increase the Number of Beats…in the measure or change the Beat Duration, but in this case, we need 3/4.…Now one of the advantages of using this dialog box is this Measure Region…selection that you can make down here.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.