Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing instruments, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In the past, notating instrument doubles was a bit of a pain.…One of the most important updates to Finale in Finale 2012 was the addition of…Change Instrument, a function that allows you to easily change a staff's…instrument and related transposition mid-score.…Let me just start by saying that we used to apply instrument changes using staff…styles and it was difficult.…But this new function in Finale is really useful.…So I am going to zoom in just a little bit so we will see other more detail,…Command+Equals and Ctrl+Equals on a PC.…I am going to choose the Selection tool, and I will choose a couple of measures,…and then I am going to Utilities menu and choose Change Instrument.…
So this shows me the same bank of instruments that we've seen both in the Score…Manager and in the launch window, when we use the wizard to create a score.…All I have to do is navigate this and find an instrument that I want to use.…I believe we have got Flute up here at the top, so let me scroll up there,…Yeah, there is Flute. Let me click Ok. And notice that it's canceled the…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.