Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lyrics, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Any score that has a vocal part will need lyrics. Adding lyrics to, and getting…the spacing right in a handwritten score was always a real pain,…but in Finale it's easy.…So please open both files in the 4_07 folder, and you'll notice that I have got them…tiled and arranged the way we have in past videos.…So to add lyrics, we will choose the Lyrics tool, and then I will click a note.…From the finished score above, we can see that the first word is O, so I'll type…capital OH, and then to move to the next note, I will hit the Spacebar, and I will…begin to type the next word.…
Now you will notice, in this case, that the next word is sung against two notes.…So I am going to type DAN, and then -NY to add that against those two notes, and…then I will hit the Spacebar to move to the next note, and you will see that it…added the hyphen between the two notes.…So I will type BOY, and I will add the comma that we use to demarcate phrasing,…and then I will hit the Spacebar to move on.…Let me just type a few more words here. Type THE, space, PIPES, space, ARE, and notice that the…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.