Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding expressions and articulations in Simple Entry, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
As you get more familiar with Finale, you may become annoyed with having to…choose a tool to perform a related task, then changing tools to perform a…different, unrelated function.…Well, there are growing numbers of functions that you can perform in Simple…Entry without changing tools.…Let's start by creating a default score.…Let's go up to the File menu, choose New > Default Document. And I've got the…Simple Entry tool selected. I'm in that first measure, and I'm going to choose…6. I'm going to add in a C half note.…Now after you add a note in Simple Entry you can immediately add an expression…or an articulation to that note.…
To add an expression, I'll hit the X key and that opens up this Waiting for Input dialog.…And we can do two things here. You can click the Select button, which will take…us into the Expression Selection dialog box, or if you remember the Metatool…assignment, you can just type it now.…So let's click Select the first time.…So now we can see all the expressions and the assigned metatools up on the upper…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.