Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding chord symbols, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Many popular music styles rely on an improvised accompaniment.…For instruments like guitar, piano, and bass, that means your scores need to…have chord changes.…Let's take a look at how you add chords to a score in Finale.…So please open the files that are in the 4_08 folder, and tile and arrange them…as we have done in past videos.…To add chords in Finale, you need to choose the Chord tool; it looks like the CM7…icon on the toolbar.…Then to enter a chord, click a note, and you will notice the blinking cursor above…the note, and you can type the chord symbol. In this case, we can just type an F,…and then to enter that chord, you can either hit the Return key to enter that, or…if you want to enter the chord, and then go on to the next note to add another…chord, you can hit the Spacebar to move forward.…
In this case, I need to go all the way to the beginning of the next bar, and I…can do that by pressing the Tab key.…I can type a B Flat, and this time I will advance all the way over to the fourth…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.