Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger S.H. Schulman shows how to create and format scripts with Final Draft.
- I'm Roger Shulman, and welcome to Screenwriting with Final Draft. In this course, I'll take you on an interactive, step-by-step journey, to teach you everything you need to know to use Final Draft as your screenwriting power tool. First, we'll take a look at the strange paper beast that is the movie or television screenplay, and why it looks the way it does. Then I'll show you around your new digital home. The Final Draft interface, designed to make complex formatting easy and quick. And we'll customize that home by creating a toolbar just for you.
Next, you'll learn about using templates to start your new script and bring in your toolbar, as well as keyboard shortcuts to bear, to make progress through your screenplay fast and easy. We'll even take a look at Final Draft Writer, the companion app for iOS devices, should you want to take your screenwriting with you, under your arm, even in your pocket. Writing for the screen isn't easy, but the mechanics of it should be. That's Final Draft's job. Let's get started.
Screenwriting with Final Draft is a step-by-step, interactive journey that takes the aspiring screenwriter—or the pro who hasn't yet used Final Draft—from zero to sixty. While it doesn't cover every feature, this Final Draft training course offers an overview of 80% of the tools a writer needs to go from outline to, well, final draft. Your guide, Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger S.H. Schulman, also offers insider tips and tricks to save time and improve the quality of scripts, and a bonus chapter on using Final Draft Writer on the iPad or iPhone—to take scripts wherever inspiration strikes.
- The history of screenwriting
- Customizing the Final Draft toolbar
- Choosing a Final Draft template
- Finding and replacing words
- Creating macros to speed up formatting
- Working with the Format Assistant
- Making revisions
- Comparing two drafts
- Importing and exporting scripts from Final Draft
- Working with Final Draft Writer for iOS