Join Roger S.H. Schulman for an in-depth discussion in this video Normal and page: Two very different views, part of Screenwriting with Final Draft.
- View Offline
- Final Draft Writer for iPhone and iPad even gives you…a page view, but it's handled a little differently…than a desktop application.…Let's take a quick look.…Here I am in my normal view.…I can write, revise, and so on,…but just like normal view on Final Draft 9,…I can't see my page breaks.…To get to page view, swipe left with two fingers.…Now I'm in page view with a cool look at my page as a whole.…I can see my page breaks and my layout as a whole.…You may want to rotate your phone to get a closer…look at your text.…
To quickly navigate from scene to scene,…I can use this slider.…I can't edit in this mode, to do that I need to two finger…swipe to the right to get back to normal view.…While we're talking about giving the app two fingers,…here is a tip.…Double finger swipe to the right again to go from normal…view to your script list.…But remember, to get back to writing,…you need to pick a script.…A simple swipe won't do it from here.…Think of page view as a print preview of your script…that you can check out at any point during your writing.…
Screenwriting with Final Draft is a step-by-step, interactive journey that takes the aspiring screenwriter—or the pro who hasn't yet used Final Draft—from zero to sixty. While it doesn't cover every feature, this Final Draft training course offers an overview of 80% of the tools a writer needs to go from outline to, well, final draft. Your guide, Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger S.H. Schulman, also offers insider tips and tricks to save time and improve the quality of scripts, and a bonus chapter on using Final Draft Writer on the iPad or iPhone—to take scripts wherever inspiration strikes.
- The history of screenwriting
- Customizing the Final Draft toolbar
- Choosing a Final Draft template
- Finding and replacing words
- Creating macros to speed up formatting
- Working with the Format Assistant
- Making revisions
- Comparing two drafts
- Importing and exporting scripts from Final Draft
- Working with Final Draft Writer for iOS