Join Roger S.H. Schulman for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing two drafts, part of Screenwriting with Final Draft.
- View Offline
- Sometimes writing is unwriting.…I mean, half of the million little changes…you took a month to make turn out to be terrible…and you want to go back to what you had before.…How do you find those golden needles in the haystack?…Use ScriptCompare.…ScriptCompare is an automated tool…that does just what it says,…and you can find it right here under the Tools menu.…But before you select it, open the draft…you want compared, usually your latest draft.…Then crank up ScriptCompare.…A file picker will open.…
Find the draft you want compared…to the draft you already have open.…This is a case where maintaining an organized…file naming system really comes in handy.…Now before you click on Compare,…buckle your seat belt, this is going to be fast.…In a few seconds, Final Draft has created…a third file, which contains text in three colors.…If the text is common to both scripts,…in other words, if it hasn't changed at all, it's black.…If it's in the first script, it's blue.…
If it's in the second script, it's red.…Every change, even as small as a blank space,…
Screenwriting with Final Draft is a step-by-step, interactive journey that takes the aspiring screenwriter—or the pro who hasn't yet used Final Draft—from zero to sixty. While it doesn't cover every feature, this Final Draft training course offers an overview of 80% of the tools a writer needs to go from outline to, well, final draft. Your guide, Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger S.H. Schulman, also offers insider tips and tricks to save time and improve the quality of scripts, and a bonus chapter on using Final Draft Writer on the iPad or iPhone—to take scripts wherever inspiration strikes.
- The history of screenwriting
- Customizing the Final Draft toolbar
- Choosing a Final Draft template
- Finding and replacing words
- Creating macros to speed up formatting
- Working with the Format Assistant
- Making revisions
- Comparing two drafts
- Importing and exporting scripts from Final Draft
- Working with Final Draft Writer for iOS