Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using audio from Final Cut Pro in Motion, part of Final Cut Studio: Round-Tripping.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So you want a motion graphic effect, but you want it to really go with the music.…Motion has some great tools for that, because it actually let's you take the…sound that's in the Final Cut Pro Timeline and move it over to Motion.…Not that you are going to make graphics with it per se, but you are going to use…it for those timings.…This is a really neat trick because it can make your motion graphics really…actually dance with the music. Let's take a look.…I am on the Final Cut Pro Timeline here and I have got a little intro edited and…it's edited to some bouncy music.…
Let's take a look and to listen. …(Music playing)…So it's okay, but I think it could use a little bit more.…And I have this Olive graphic, and jI'll ust double-click and you can see what it…looks like in the Viewer and in fact where it's black that's an alpha channel.…It's actually transparent and what I am going to do is I am going to quickly…edit it down onto video layer 3 and I am going to time it so that it goes from…the open to the last shot where it will be a title graphic. There we go.…
- Using audio from Final Cut Pro in Motion or Soundtrack Pro
- Enhancing motion effects made in Final Cut Pro in Motion
- Working with a multitrack project
- Matching EQ levels with Soundtrack Pro
- Refining Final Cut Pro 3-way corrections in Color
- Preparing the timeline for Color
- Reconforming projects
- Sending a sequence to Compressor for output
- Transcoding for DSLR and other workflows
- Automating compression
- Using the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow
- Making a still menu
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Motion Round Trips
2. Soundtrack Pro Round Trips
3. Color Round Trips
4. Compressor Workflows
5. DVD Studio Pro Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.