Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow, part of Final Cut Studio: Round-Tripping.
If you want to take the most control over the DVD creation process, the workflow…in Final Cut Studio is Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro.…This workflow brings each program to bear on the part of the process that it's…best at and that's why I like it.…Let's take a look on a DVD that's really straightforward…so we just focus on the workflow.…I'm here in Final Cut Pro with the complete sequence.…I'm ready to make a DVD from it.…The first step is going to be to send it to Compressor to encode our MPEG-2 and…audio files for the DVD.…
Making sure that the Timeline window is active.…File > Send To > Compressor.…Here in Compressor I need to apply good settings for a DVD.…That's in the pre-made Apple groups.…And I've got a number of choices for DVD. Each one of these has a Time and a…Quality level. We have less than 90 minutes and we want Best Quality.…I'm going to drag the whole folder because it contains both an audio and a video setting.…And we do need to encode separate audio and video files for the DVD.…
- Using audio from Final Cut Pro in Motion or Soundtrack Pro
- Enhancing motion effects made in Final Cut Pro in Motion
- Working with a multitrack project
- Matching EQ levels with Soundtrack Pro
- Refining Final Cut Pro 3-way corrections in Color
- Preparing the timeline for Color
- Reconforming projects
- Sending a sequence to Compressor for output
- Transcoding for DSLR and other workflows
- Automating compression
- Using the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow
- Making a still menu
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Motion Round Trips
2. Soundtrack Pro Round Trips
3. Color Round Trips
4. Compressor Workflows
5. DVD Studio Pro Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.