Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the benefits of the FCP to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow, part of Final Cut Studio: Round-Tripping.
Once you have done your program, there is a lot of different ways you can make a…DVD coming out of Final Cut Pro.…The Share menu can quickly make a DVD.…iDVD is capable of making DVDs, programs like Toast will make DVDs, and at the…high end you have things like hardware and coding and custom authoring.…But the method that I want to focus on is the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD…Studio Pro workflow.…That's the professional method available to us within Final Cut Studio and the…benefit of it is you use each program to its strength.…
Final Cut Pro for editing your program, and you can also put in markers for…chapters in Compression there.…Compressor for encoding the files that were actually play back on the DVD and…DVD Studio Pro for authoring.…That's making the menus and interactivity that will make the DVD work.…Now it's quite possible to do those specific steps in other places.…For instance, DVD Studio Pro is able to encode.…But the benefit of this workflow is that each piece of software is being…
- Using audio from Final Cut Pro in Motion or Soundtrack Pro
- Enhancing motion effects made in Final Cut Pro in Motion
- Working with a multitrack project
- Matching EQ levels with Soundtrack Pro
- Refining Final Cut Pro 3-way corrections in Color
- Preparing the timeline for Color
- Reconforming projects
- Sending a sequence to Compressor for output
- Transcoding for DSLR and other workflows
- Automating compression
- Using the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow
- Making a still menu
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Motion Round Trips
2. Soundtrack Pro Round Trips
3. Color Round Trips
4. Compressor Workflows
5. DVD Studio Pro Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.