Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying the applications in Final Cut Studio 3, part of Final Cut Studio: Round-Tripping.
Final Cut Studio is actually made up of six separate pieces of software and…before we start round-tripping, it's important to know what each one does.…Final Cut Pro is the non-linear editor that's the hub of the whole system.…Keep in mind that Final Cut Pro does overlap in its feature set with some of the…other programs, but it's not as specialized as any of them.…Motion is a real-time motion graphics program.…It's really good at doing animated titles and it has some advanced features like…3D space and particles.…
Soundtrack Pro is a dedicated audio program.…It's really good at treating individual pieces of audio as well as mixing whole sequences.…Color is a color grading and color correction program.…Color correction usually refers to just making the image look good and realistic.…But color grading is used when you want to add an emotive element like a sepia…tone for sort of that old timey look.…Compressor is a dedicated output and encoding program.…
It's really great for web video and DVDs and it also has really…
- Using audio from Final Cut Pro in Motion or Soundtrack Pro
- Enhancing motion effects made in Final Cut Pro in Motion
- Working with a multitrack project
- Matching EQ levels with Soundtrack Pro
- Refining Final Cut Pro 3-way corrections in Color
- Preparing the timeline for Color
- Reconforming projects
- Sending a sequence to Compressor for output
- Transcoding for DSLR and other workflows
- Automating compression
- Using the Final Cut Pro to Compressor to DVD Studio Pro workflow
- Making a still menu
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Motion Round Trips
2. Soundtrack Pro Round Trips
3. Color Round Trips
4. Compressor Workflows
5. DVD Studio Pro Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.