Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with productions, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Final Cut Server is an amazing organizational tool, but if you're working with…hundreds or thousands of assets, even having all of those assets in one place…can become a little bit unruly.…In this movie, we'll take a look at utilizing productions to tidy things up.…The best way to think of a production is as a virtual folder within Final Cut…Server, and it's also kind of similar to how albums are used in iPhoto and…playlists are used in iTunes.…You can take existing assets and organize them into a production as well as…create a production during asset upload.…Let's take a look at how this all works.…
I've already logged into the Final Cut Server client application from my client…computer. If you haven't, spend a second to do so.…Let's first take a look at adding the production using existing assets within…the Final Cut Server catalog.…Let me come up to the Search field here and let's type in Olive Oil B-Roll…and I'll press Enter.…Here are all the assets that contain that keyword.…I have all 80 of these assets on one page as you can see here and that's because…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.