Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing assets, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Obviously, an important part of using Final Cut Server is viewing assets.…In this movie we will explore how to view assets in Final Cut Server, including…accessing proxy files and metadata. Let's get started.…I've already logged into Final Cut Server from my client computer.…If you haven't, spend a second to do so using a valid username and password for…your Final Cut Server setup.…If you are like most users, the first thing you want to know when it comes to…viewing assets is how to actually watch a video asset, view a still, or…listen to an audio asset.…I have an asset that I want to view.…So I am going to come up to the search field here and search for it.…
Let me type in B-Roll_58 and press Return.…The easiest way to view an asset or to listen to one is to click this little…icon up here in the upper left hand corner of the asset.…So if I click this little filmstrip icon, which means that this is a video clip,…in just a moment QuickTime Player will open up and show me the asset.…What I am actually looking at is an H.264 proxy that was generated when this…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.