Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using watchers to automatically add assets, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
In the first two movies in this chapter, we manually added assets in the Final…Cut Studio projects to the Final Cut Server catalog.…While you'll do this all the time, manually adding assets doesn't take advantage…of a major feature of Final Cut Server, automation.…In this movie, we'll explore using a Watcher to add media to the Final…Cut Server catalog.…Before I begin, I just want to mention for this movie that we'll start out on…the machine that is my Final Cut Server to set up the watcher and then we'll…move over to a client machine to utilize the watcher.…Okay, so here I am on my server machine. Let me go ahead and open up System…Preferences by coming up to the Apple menu and choosing System Preferences, then…let's click on the Final Cut Server Preference pane.…
I'll get this warning message saying that System Preferences must quit and reopen.…I'll click OK.…This is because Final Cut Server is a 32-bit app.…Before I can make any changes here in the Final Cut Server System…Preferences pane, I need to authenticate by click this lock here and then…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.