Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using custom metadata, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
In the previous movies in this chapter, we have created custom metadata fields…and lookups, a metadata group, and a metadata set.…Now in this movie, I want to show you all that hard work in action, so you can…see it hasn't just been an exercise in button pushing.…Before we begin though, I want to be clear about something:…while we created some custom metadata about Project Info, by no means is this the…end-all be-all of custom metadata.…In fact, I would say that we have only scratched the surface of…customizing metadata.…In your own workflows, in your own facility, you might spend weeks, if not months,…perfecting custom metadata.…
For this reason, it's essential that before you implement Final Cut Server you…spend a good deal of time planning what your needs will actually be.…Okay, let's get started looking at the custom work we did.…Let's go back out to the Exercise Files folder and then into this folder called Metadata.…In this folder, I have a Final Cut Pro project for a commercial about gardening.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.