Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Final Cut Server admin controls, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
In this movie, let's take a closer look at the admin controls which are inside…the Final Cut Server client application.…I've already gone ahead and logged in the Final Cut Server client application…using a username and password that has admin access, as you need to log in using…a user that has admin privileges to be able to access the admin controls.…Okay, so now inside the Final Cut Server client application, let's go up to the…Server button and then choose Administration.…When you do that, you'll get warned that accessing the Admin controls could, if…you don't want to doing, screw up things for other users.…Let's just click Continue.…
Okay, so we have been in this window a bit before when we were creating some…custom metadata in the previous chapter, but I want to spend a few moments…giving you a general tour of the window, and pointing out a few important…things along the way.…Over here on the left, we have all the available categories of parameters we can…adjust in the Admin window.…Now I should point out that previously we took a tour of the Final Cut Server…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.