Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding and leveraging metadata, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Metadata--it's everywhere.…Hit the programming guide on your TV, and you have metadata.…Make a comment about a video on YouTube, and well, you've just added some…metadata about that video.…Metadata, or data about data, is information that in some shape or fashion…describes a piece of media.…Metadata can take on many forms, like technical information, such as camera…or login information, as well as more subjective things, like a description or a note.…
Already in this title, we have worked extensively with metadata.…We've added metadata to assets that we've uploaded to the Final Cut Server catalog.…We've annotated an asset and searched for clips using metadata keywords and descriptions.…In this chapter though, we're going to get a little more sophisticated with…metadata by looking at how we can alter existing metadata offerings, as well as--…and perhaps more importantly-- create our own custom metadata options.…See, while Final Cut Server is a powerful tool right out of the box, the real…power in this great tool comes in the ability to customize metadata, not only…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.