Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Final Cut Server System Preference pane, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
In a Final Cut Server setup, there are two places where administration happens:…the Final Cut Server Preference pane and the Administration window, which is…accessed in the client application.…In this movie, we are going to take a look at the Final Cut Server Preference pane.…The Final Cut Server Preference pane is most often used for basic or simple…administration, while the Administration window offers all of the same options…of the Preference pane but often with more control or options.…We'll take a look at more of the options available in the Administration pane…in the last movie in this chapter, but for now, let's go ahead and open up…System Preferences.…
I should mention that before I do, I am on the machine I am using as my Final Cut Server.…So I am going to go up to the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences…and then down here at the bottom of System Preferences, I have the Final Cut…Server Preference pane.…Let me go ahead and click on that.…When I click on it, I'll get this message that System Preferences must quit and reopen.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.