Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
It's just a fact of life, when it comes to software, that something will probably…go wrong at some point, and Final Cut Server is no different.…In this movie, I want to go over some basic troubleshooting techniques.…I am starting out here on my server machine, and one of the first things to do…when things go wonky is to check some basic setup issues on your server machine.…So let me go ahead up to the Apple menu here and then open up…System Preferences.…Then finally, I am going to come down here to the Final Cut Server's…System Preferences pane.…We get this warning message that System Preferences must quit and reopen. Just click OK.…
That's because Final Cut Server is 32-bit.…And lets just click the little lock icon here to authenticate, so I will enter…my password and click OK.…Sometimes users will complain that they are unable to add assets to the catalog…or a file system watcher won't work.…When that happens, the first thing to check is your devices here on the Devices tab.…By viewing the Devices tab, you can see all the devices that are used in your setup.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.