Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up device scanning to automatically import assets, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far in the previous movies in this chapter we've added assets by dragging and…dropping and using a watcher.…In this movie, I want to show you one more way that is very efficient and ultra…useful, especially for facilities that are using multiple edit systems to…ingest or wants to lessen what's required of users to add assets to the Final Cut server catalog.…This functionality is called scanning.…Let's take a look at how this works.…A client has given me a FireWire drive here that contains several movies and…photos about a project on Amsterdam.…I have gone ahead and attached this drive to my system.…So it's this drive right here.…
A couple of things. Currently I am on the Final Cut server computer, not a client computer.…Even if you're premium member of the Lynda.com Online Training Library or are…watching this title on a DVD and have access to the Exercise Files, I want to…let you know that you don't actually have these assets.…The reason this is, is because these are assets are pretty big and I also wanted…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.