Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching for assets, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
So you have hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of assets in your…Final Cut Server catalog.…To be able to find assets quickly and efficiently, you need to be able to…quickly search for assets to find the ones you need.…In this movie that's exactly what we are going to talk about, searching for assets.…I have already launched the Final Cut Server client application from my client machine.…If you haven't, spend a few moments to log into the Final Cut Server using a…valid username and password for your Final Cut Server setup.…So here we are in the Final Cut Server client application and if you haven't…followed along in the previous movies and added assets to the catalog, before…you continue in this movie, you should add some assets.…
Let's do some searching.…To search for an asset simply come up here to the Search field at the top of…the Final Cut Server client application.…In this field you can pretty much type anything.…You could type the name of an asset, any metadata keywords.…You could search for the owner of an asset, modified date, etcetera.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.