Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the client application, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
In this movie, let's talk about downloading and installing the Final Cut…Server client application.…The client application is the primary way that users will interact with the…Final Cut Server catalog.…It's also the place where much of Final Cut Server's admin controls exist for…users who are admins of a Final Cut Server system.…There are a couple of cool things about the Final Cut Server client application.…First is how you install it.…Instead of putting the DVD into every machine you wish to install Final Cut…Server on, the client application is installed via your web browser by…navigating to the Final Cut Server computer.…
I will show you this in just a moment.…The second cool thing is that the Final Cut Server client application is a Java…application that can be run on Mac OS X and Windows machines. That's right.…The client application is cross-platform.…This is great if your facility has a mix of Macs and PCs.…There are some minimum requirements for both the Mac and PC to run the client…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.