Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video How Final Cut Server works, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
So have gone out and purchased Final Cut Server, but now what?…Well, in this movie I'm going to give you an overview of how Final Cut Server works.…The first thing to understand about Final Cut Server is that it operates by…using a client and server relationship. Here's what that means.…A server computer, which can be an Xserve or Mac Pro, run the Final Cut…Server software. Client computers that run the Final Cut Server client…application access the Final Cut Server by using usernames and passwords that…the Final Cut Server validates.…When it comes to media or what are known as assets, they are copied from client…computers or other storage like a network drive to the Final Cut Server.…
The storage that Final Cut Server uses are known as devices, and we'll talk more…about this in just a minute, but once the assets are on the devices that Final…Cut Server controls, client can access those assets to do various tasks.…And all the communication between the Final Cut Server and the clients happens…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.