Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting more out of Final Cut Server, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Well, we've come to the end of this title, and by this point, you should be a…lot more comfortable with what Final Cut Server can do.…However, I'm betting that there are a lot of you whose minds are just spinning…with all the wonderful possibility of things that Final Cut Server can do.…Just thinking about the possible range of metadata that you can create, the…automations that could be used, and how you could get different applications and…even other media asset management systems to talk to each other through Final…Cut Server, is very exciting.…
In this title, we've only scratched the surface of what can be done.…Chances are, if you can think about it, Final Cut Server can do it. But how?…Well, the first way is geared to those who consider themselves pretty good…with scripting and code.…By writing custom scripts, the sky is the limit to what you can do.…These scripts can range from more mundane tasks, like appending metadata to an…asset, to getting your catalog on to a web page…so people can interact with it directly through a web browser.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.