Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the client application, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
In this movie, we're going to log into the Final Cut Server and take a look at…the anatomy of the Final Cut Server client application.…If you haven't installed Final Cut Server on the computer you're using as your…server or haven't installed the client application, please refer to those…movies earlier in this chapter.…All right, I'm going to go ahead and launch the Final Cut Server client…application, and to do that I'm going to come down to my dock and just click on…Final Cut Server here.…To launch it on your own computer, go to the Applications folder, dock or…whatever location you saved the client application to when you installed it.…When you launched the Final Cut Server client application, you're presented…with a Login window.…
To access the Final Cut Server catalog in the machine that's running the…Final Cut Server software, you must login using a username and password that has access.…For more information about users, check out the movie "Configuring Users and…Groups" earlier in this chapter.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.