Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Final Cut Studio project files, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Earlier in this chapter, we added a Final Cut Pro project to the Final…Cut Server catalog.…When we did that, it uploaded as a single asset.…But one of the cool things was that any media reference by that Final Cut…project was also added to the catalog.…In this movie, I want to show you a little bit more about how Final Cut Pro…projects are represented inside of the Final Cut Server client application.…I already have the client application open on a client computer.…If you don't, spend a second to log in.…Okay, let's go ahead and come to the Search field here and do a search for rough…cut and then I'll click the Search button.…
The asset I am looking for is this one right here, called Olive…Oil Bumper_Roughcut.…Let's go ahead and double click on it to open it up.…Just like with other assets, a new window opens, but there's a lot more going on here.…Notice the buttons here at the top of the window.…One is called Elements.…All of the elements down here in this area are actual pieces of media used in…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.