Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating simple automations, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Earlier in this title, we created an automation based on the file system launcher to…automatically move assets that were copied to a device into the Final Cut Server catalog.…In this movie, I want to show you another type of automation: a…metadata subscription.…Now I should say that before we begin, I am on the computer I am using as…my Final Cut Server.…Also, we are going to create a simple automation, but when it comes to…automations, the sky is literally the limit.…You can create automations that e-mail people that files are available to them.…You can create automations that move files to remote servers while in the…process compressing them into another format, as well as automations that move…assets from one device to another.…
We are going to keep things a bit more simple, so you can see the general…mechanics of a metadata subscription automation.…Then on your own, you will be armed with this general knowledge to create even…more sophisticated ones.…Let me go ahead up to the Apple menu here and then choose System Preferences, and…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.