Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a metadata set, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
Earlier in this chapter, we created custom metadata fields and lookups, and we…also created a custom metadata group.…In this movie, we will add our own custom metadata group and some other pre-built…ones into a custom metadata asset, so all the fields, lookups, and groups that we…want to work with will all be located in one place.…Let's go ahead and get started.…I have already launched the Final Cut Server client application from a client computer.…If you haven't, spend a second to do so. But make sure you're logged in as a…user that has administrator privileges, as we will need to access the…administration window of the client app.…
So here in the Client Application, let's go to the upper left-hand corner and…click on the Server button and then choose Administration.…In just a moment, we will be prompted with a message that asks us if we are sure…we want to access this window. Let's click Continue.…Here in the Administration window, over here on the left, let's go ahead and…click on metadata set.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.