Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a metadata group, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Earlier in this chapter, we created custom metadata fields and created some…customs lookups for a couple of the fields that we created.…One thing we didn't do, however, was link those fields and lookups together,…and that's what we are going to do in this movie, by creating a custom metadata group.…We are going to also take a look at how to edit an existing metadata group.…I have already launched the Final Cut Server client application from a client computer.…If you haven't, go ahead and do so, but make sure you're logged in as a user who…has administrator privileges.…Here inside the Final Cut Server client application, let's go up to the Server…button and choose Administration.…
In just a second, we will be prompted with a message asking us if we are sure…we want to access the Administration window. We are, so let's go ahead and click Continue.…Next, on the left-hand pane here of the Admin window, let's click on Metadata Group.…You'll notice here in the main part of the window, we have a ton of pre-built…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.