Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating metadata fields and lookups, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
In this movie, we'll start our exploration of creating custom metadata in Final…Cut Server, by taking a look at creating custom metadata fields and lookups.…If you skipped ahead to this movie, you might want to go back and watch the…previous movie where I talk about the relationship between metadata fields,…lookups, metadata groups, and metadata sets.…I've gone ahead and already logged into the Final Cut Server client app.…If you haven't, go ahead and do so now, but the important thing is make sure you…use a username and password that is setup as an admin, because you will need to…access the Administration window inside the client app.…
So the first thing I need to do is come up here and click on the Server button…and then choose Administration.…We're prompted with this pretty serious message, asking us if we're sure that we…want to access the Administration controls,…and we are, so let's click Continue.…So here in the Administration window, let's go over and click on this option…right here, called Metadata Field.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.