Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring users and groups, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
A key component to the way Final Cut Server works is establishing who can access…the Final Cut Server catalog and what they can do when they get there.…In this movie, we'll take a look at adding users and groups.…Before we begin I should mention that I'm working on the machine that I…installed the Final Cut Server software on.…I'm not on a client machine. Okay.…Let's start up by opening up System Preferences.…I will come here to the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences and then…let's click on the Accounts System Preference pane.…Before I start adding users and groups, you need to know a couple of things.…
Users and groups can be created in a couple of ways.…Final Cut Server can work with both locally created users and groups, and those…created in Mac OS X Open Directory or Windows Active Directory.…So what does that mean?…Well, if the system you have installed the Final Cut Server software on is just…a regular Mac OS X machine, then you'll use the Accounts System Preference pane…like I'm going to do in this movie.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.