Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking assets in and out, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
Earlier in this chapter, we talked about adding assets to the cache so that…we can work with them.…While this process works just fine,…in this movie, I want to show you one of the most powerful features of Final Cut Server:…checking out assets so we can get them into Final Cut Pro and…other applications,…then checking them back in when we are done working with them.…Along the way, I will show you how this process invokes powerful version…management features of Final Cut Server.…Okay let's get started.…The process of checking out an asset is similar to adding an asset to the cache.…All you have to do is right-click on an asset and choose Check Out.…
Let me scroll down here to find an asset to work with.…This one looks good.…And let me go ahead and right- click on it and choose Check Out.…When I do that, I am presented with the dialog box that lets me choose where I…want to save this file.…This is nice because unlike caching, I have an easy way to choose where I want…this file to be saved.…I am just going to make sure the Desktop is chosen here, but I could choose any…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.