Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Annotating assets, part of Learning Final Cut Server 1.5.
One of the big selling points of Final Cut Server is powerful collaboration.…In this movie, I want to show you a powerful tool for collaborating…called Annotations.…In many workflows, the producer will often screen footage, finding the best bits…of a B-Roll shot or pulling bites from an interview.…In the past, a producer might do this by watching QuickTime files or even DVD…screeners and make notes with timecode.…Then when he or she gets into the edit suite, they hand off their notes to the…editor to find the parts of the shot they wanted.…Well, in Final Cut Server, we can do this annotation of clips digitally and…because Final Cut Server annotations become part of an asset, editors can easily…see this information as they pull an edit together.…
Let's take a look at how this works.…Let's click on the Finder and go out to our Exercise Files.…Here I have a file called rider_promo_01.…Let's select this and then drag it to the Final Cut Server client application.…Okay, let's add some metadata for this clip.…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.