Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Final Cut Studio projects to the catalog, part of Final Cut Server 1.5 Getting Started.
Early in this chapter, we added assets to the Final Cut Server catalog.…However, all the assets we added were either single files or collection of files.…Sure, you'll add files like that all the time to Final Cut Server but for many…people who want to use Final Cut Server they will also want to add Final Cut Pro and…other Final Cut Studio projects.…In this movie, we'll explore adding Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Studio…projects to the catalog, and along the way you'll see that it's not all that…different than adding individual or groups of assets, but offers a couple of…big workflow advantages.…I've already gone ahead and logged into the Final Cut Server from my client…computer, and now I am ready to add a Final Cut Pro project.…
Let's go back out to the Desktop, into this folder called Olive Oil Bumper_FCP.…Inside this folder, notice that I have a Final Cut Pro project and I also have a…folder called Media.…This is all the media that this Final Cut Pro project uses.…Before adding a Final Cut Pro project to Final Cut Server, you need to be aware…
- Understanding how Final Cut Server works
- Final Cut Server terminology
- Installing the server and client software
- Uploading assets via drag and drop
- Using watchers and scans to automatically add assets to Final Cut Server
- Searching and viewing assets
- Adding assets to the cache
- Working with and customizing metadata
- Creating simple automations
- Backing up the server catalog and archiving assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Building a Final Cut Server Ecosystem
2. Installing Final Cut Server and Client Software
Installing Final Cut Server5m 12s
3. The Final Cut Server Client Application
4. Accessing Assets from Final Cut Server
5. Working with Metadata
6. Basic Administration of Final Cut Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.