Join Abba Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video A word about Final Cut Pro X versions, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9: Narrative Scene Editing.
- Hello, this is Ashley Kennedy, the Video Post-Production Staff Author for lynda.com. I'm just chiming in here in this one movie to let you know a few things about this course. Now, this course was recorded prior to Apple's release of version 10.1, which was a bit of a game changer, in terms of interface, tools, and media management. Therefore, in September 2014, we updated this course and a handful of other smaller Final Cut Pro X courses to reflect the changes brought about by the version 10.1 update.
Although the new course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software, we recorded new intro movies, and we added text overlays in each of the movies of the course to guide you through the existing changes. So, what you need to know is that you should only watch this course if you're working in a version of Final Cut Pro X prior to 10.1. To check your version, go to the Final Cut menu in the upper left corner and choose About Final Cut Pro and if it turns out that you're in the most recent version of the software, then just search for the updated version of this course in the lynda.com online training library, which is named the same thing as this one, except it's appended with "10.1.x".
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialog scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.