Once your basic color correction is done to a clip, you can go back and stylize it with secondary corrections. What are some ways you can use secondary color corrections? In this video join author Nick Harauz as he takes a look at how you can make adjustments to only a portion of your shot. in Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- In the last few chapters, we've been primarily focused…on making adjustments to the entire shot.…In this movie, we're going to take a look…at how we can make adjustments…to a specific region of our image.…Let's explore a few different ways we can apply…secondary corrections to clips.…So I'm here in my Chapter 4.1 projects,…and I'm going to press C to select the clip.…And like we've done before,…press Command + 6 to go to the Color Inspector.…Close down my browser for now,…we can get a sense for this shot's brightness values,…as we're looking at the Luma waveform,…and could then make a correction.…
And in this case, we'll add the color wheels.…And through the process of…what we've seen so far mostly in this course,…is going to an area like adjusting the shadows,…adjusting the highlights,…and this correction is made on the entire image.…In the last chapter, we did make adjustments…which were targeting specific hue values,…which touches on the surface of secondary color correction…or the idea of, again, targeting a specific color…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.