One of the main elements of the Color Correction effect and Color Correction workspace in Apple Final Cut Pro X is curves. How is this similar to three-way color correctors you have seen? In this video, author Nick Harauz walks you through how to use curves to affect your footage in Final Cut Pro X.
- If you have ever color correct stills…in a photo application you might feel right at home…using Final Cut Pro X's Color Curves.…In this movie we're going to explore…the Color Curves correction…and begin to make some adjustments to our image…with the default curves provided.…So I'm here in my chapter 1.7 project…that I've opened up in the timeline.…I've found that project under the Projects events…in the Chapter 1 folder.…And when you're over your first clip…what we want to do right now is press c to select it,…and like we've done before press command 6…to go to the color inspector.…
Right here we could actually add a color correction,…and the one that we want to look at this time is Color Curves.…And keep in mind, just like color wheels,…Color Curves, which I did add through the color inspector,…you could also do the same thing through the effect browser.…You could add to your color category…and you'll notice that you actually…have an effect for Color Curves.…So here are your Color Curves,…and the reason it's showing in this display…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.