The Color Inspector inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X allows you to work with color in a brand new way. It allows access to the properties of the color board and many different types of curves. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use the white balance color picker found in the Color Inspector in Final Cut Pro X.
- Final Cut Pro X allows us the ability…to try and automatically fix the color cast…on an image with the color balance effect.…In Final Cut Pro 10.4, rather than have the…color picker guess to the color white,…we now have the ability to guide…the effects correction by sampling…white from our image manually.…Let's see how this is done.…For awhile now, Final Cut has had the ability…to automatically white balance,…or try to, white balance your shots.…
So just to show you, if I select…this clip here in the timeline.…I go to my magic wand menu.…This feature was available under balance color.…What it would do is analyze your clip…and once the analyzation was complete,…apply a type of color correction effect.…If we go inside the inspector and look under video,…you can see the balance color method…is currently set to automatic.…But in looking at these results,…I believe that they're a little bit too harsh.…And to keep in mind, this only has the waveform…or video scope information to go by.…
In some cases, it's more advantageous…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.