Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Final Cut Pro X Guru: Advanced Trimming.
- The first thing you should know before watching this course is what version of Final Cut Pro 10 you're working with. Currently we're working with 10.2.3. You can find what version of Final Cut Pro you're running by going to the Final Cut Pro menu and choosing About Final Cut Pro. If you are running a previous version, simply head to the App Store and download the new version of Final Cut Pro for free. This course also assumes that you have some basic knowledge of trimming in Final Cut.
If you are brand new to trimming or trimming terminology, the Final Cut Pro 10.2 Essentials Training class by Ashley Kennedy is a great place to start.
Join Nick Harauz as he demonstrates advanced techniques for shortening clips, trimming video, and selecting ranges on clips. He shows you how to extend edits, deal with connected clips, compare cuts, use dynamic trimming, and more. Along the way, he includes shortcut commands, so you can expedite your workflow, driving all your editing from the keyboard. To ensure you're ready to use his tips in the real-world, he wraps up the course by going through two examples, cutting dialogue and cutting documentary footage in the timeline.
- Extending edits
- Splitting edits
- Lifting clips
- Comparing cuts
- Working with video from multiple cameras
- Overlapping footage
- Moving between edit points
- Trimming numerically
- Trimming dynamically
- Using the Precision Editor
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Trimming Tricks
2. Mastering FCP X Trim Tools
3. Real-World Scenarios with the Trim Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.