Create a polished, effects-driven commercial in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.x.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to Commercial Editing with Final Cut Pro X. In this course we'll be taking a project based approach to cutting a commercial, from concept to creation. We'll begin by taking a look at pre-visualization materials to get a strong sense for brand, audience and intent. Then, we'll take a close look at our project assets and begin organizing them for practical and easy access. We'll start building the spot by creating the base audio foundation and then design a solid visual structure.
We'll then have fun by fleshing out the main content of the commercial. Designing creative montage segments with plenty of flair but always connected to our central brand messages. We'll also take a look at adding some creative effects and finish by bringing everything full circle to deliver a polished product to the client. So let's have fun, as we begin to take a look at the many exciting possibilities in cutting a commercial in Final Cut Pro X.
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback