Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Video finishing touches, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
When you approach the end of a project, you will be focusing on the story's…finishing touches before its big debut.…But as you dot your I's and cross your T's, don't forget there are always…opportunities to reflect the heart and soul of your story, to remind the viewer…of the story essence.…In the Project Library, let's open the Final Video Touches project.…In this project, there are just a few clips because I just want to show you a few…ideas of how you can combine images together to create something more than what…they might be alone.…
At the beginning of the project, you'll notice the three freeze frames that you…created in a previous project.…Now these freeze frames could easily be integrated into anything; a montage where…we zoom in, or a music video where we intercut these to the beat of the music,…perhaps the children playing.…But another thing you can do is that by stacking these clips on top of each…other, you can actually create a multi- frame effect which means that you'll…get to see all three images at the same time.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.