Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Using timewarp effects, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Now let's switch our attention to using Timewarps in Media Composer.…Timewarps allow us to create freeze frames and speed changes, but also speed…ramps and speed bumps as well.…But Timewarps allow us to apply those effects directly to a clip that's…already in a sequence.…Now to apply a Timewarp effect, we need to come up here to the project window,…to the Effects palette, and we're going to be looking down at categories of…effects down here on the left-hand side, and pretty much at the bottom almost is…the Timewarp category.…
And this probably looks very similar to the Motion and Cadence filters that we…can find in Final Cut Pro.…However, the Timewarp effect also combines some attributes which are very…similar to the Time Remap controls in Final Cut Pro as well.…Now in our Timewarp category, you can see that we've got various…different presets available.…0% To 100%, 100% To 0%, some of our Cadence options here, Pulldown Insertion and…Removal, Reverse Motion, a Boost and a Bump, and then we actually have a blank…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.