Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Using timeline selections, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So now let's look at some different ways to select clips using…gestural techniques.…We've already seen that we can select an individual clip just by single-…clicking on it with one of our arrows, either the red Segment Overwrite or the…yellow Segment Insert.…When we select an individual clip like this, we can add to our selection by…holding down the Shift key and then clicking on additional clips at the same time.…Once we have our selection, of course we can now move all of those clips…together just like we were moving an individual clip.…
To deselect clips, just click on your timecode track.…Now another way to select multiple clips in one go is to click just outside of…the timeline area here, drag, and draw a little bounding box, like so.…Now we've selected the three clips in one go, and of course we can go ahead and…start to reposition them.…Notice however that when I use this technique, my Link Selection toggle isn't…working to bring the audio along with it.…So just be aware of that if you are going to use the lasso technique.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.